This clinic offers a look into the history and operations of the Manufacturer’s Railroad. Formed in 1893, the line operated as a branch of the New Haven, providing service to industries on both sides of the Quinnipiac River. The trackage was converted to electric operation in 1893 by obtaining one of General Electric’s first locomotives. Electric operation, using 600 volts DC supplied by the local trolley company, continued until 1948 when the streetcars were abandoned. The line continued to run for several years using diesel power.